Many Nigerians want to buy or sell on eBay, but they are hampered due to the restriction eBay places on Nigerians. Despite the restriction, it is still possible to buy and sell on eBay right here in Nigeria.
If you are looking for how to do either of these, you have come to the right source of information. The information in this write up will show you how to buy and sell on eBay as a Nigerian.
What you need
The items you require in order to be able to buy and sell on eBay from Nigeria are highlighted below:
- An eBay account
- A US PayPal account
- A US VPN service
- A US address
- A US visa or MasterCard
- A US phone number
- Internet service.
May Nigerian banks will provide you with USD visa or MasterCard. Once you have obtained the card, you should endeavour to activate it for internet use. The card can help you pay for your US shipping and US VPN.
You can get free US address by asking a friend in the United States to stand in for you. You can equally use paid services. Many online outlets are providing US phone numbers for a fee.
Buy from eBay
Process to follow
- First connect your computer to the internet. You can also use your mobile device if the device is connected to the internet and it has an installed VPN.
- Afterwards, connect your computer to US IP address by activating your VPN service
- Visit eBay website on the computer after its IP address has been changed to that of United States.
- Browse for the particular item you want to buy on eBay. It is better to press the buy it now instead of going for the bids option. Bidding tends to take longer time.
- After selecting the item you want to buy, you can add the item to cart and then click on checkout.
- Afterwards, log into your PayPal account. Do to forget that you are supposed to use US PayPal. Make sure also that your computer is still connected to US IP address while visiting your US PayPal. Once you are on yoru PayPal account page, go ahead and confirm the payment.
- After you have made payment for the item you have bought, you will be sent an invoice into your email.
- Aside the invoice, they will also send you tracking number immediately the item you are purchasing has been shipped to the US address that you earlier indicated.
- An email will be sent to you once the item reaches the US address.
- It is now left for you to make an estimate of how much it will take DHL to ship the item from the United States to Nigeria.
- Make arrangement for the said shipping and them make payment for shipping with your USD MasterCard or visa card.
- Make sure you continue to track the item you have purchased till it arrives in Nigeria. The item will be delivered at the Nigerian address you had earlier indicated.
How to sell on eBay
You can follow the steps below in order to sell items on eBay right from Nigeria.
- Connect your computer to the internet.
- Afterwards, change your IP address to US IP address.
- Visit eBay website on the computer. You can also visit eBay website on your mobile device if the device can connect to the internet and if the mobile device has VPN installed on it.
- Register an account on eBay if you do not already have an account with them. You need to know that you can only buy or sell on the website if you are a registered user.
- If you are already a registered member, you only need to provide your user ID as well as your password in the designated places.
- After logging into your account, click on Sell when you are at the eBay homepage. Next, click on “Update Your Information”. Complete your address info and then click on continue. Here, you have to provide the US address that you have obtained earlier, either that of a friend or the one you got via paid service.
- After this, you will be directed to a new page where items on sale are listed. Just provide the name of the particular item you want to sell and click on Get Started.
- You will then be shown a page where step-by-step information is provided on how to list the items you want to sell. You will be shown how to create your listing, how to provide clear and specific title as well as how to upload the photos of the items you want to list for sale. You will equally be shown how much it will cost you to list the particular item.
- Afterwards, you should click on List with displayed fees. This tab is located at the lower part of the screen.
- A new page will come up after this and it will show you how your listing will appear once it is posted on eBay. If you like the way the listing looks like, you can click on Continue. You can however click on Edit if you would like to make corrections to the listing.
- If you are selling for the first time on eBay, a new page will come up providing you with additional information just click on Continue.
- Next, review your account information and then click on Continue, provided the account information is correct.
- After this, eBay will verify your information. The verification can take up to 2 minutes. After this, they will ask you to verify your phone number. You only need to click on Call Me Now button to get this done. They will then call you and give you a PIN. Enter the PIN in the space provided and click on Continue. You can obtain US phone number via some service providers online for a fee.
- Afterwards, log back in to your eBay account.
- Next, choose the method via which you want to pay. If you are choosing PayPal, you need to first agree to PayPal user agreement before your listing can appear.