Lagos has quite a number of A level schools and colleges. If you want to register for A level examination, you can always register with these schools. Registering with them makes the registration process very easy and fast.
You may also register as a private student, but this is more challenging and you may end up making one mistake or the other during the registration process. Such mistakes may cost you the registration and make you lose your hard earned money.
Registering through the A level schools and colleges will make the whole process easy for you.
Many of these schools also offer university remedial programs for any student interested in such a program. You should also be aware of the fact that good grades in the A level exam will automatically give you admission into 200 level in any university of your choice in Nigeria.
Most universities even give more preference to those who have A level results in comparison with others.
The various programs offered by these schools are JUPEB, IJMB, Advanced GCE and Cambridge A level examination. You should also know that many Nigerian universities also participate in the IJMB and JUPEB programs.
This helps provide admission opportunity for any student that is unable to secure admission through UTME.
Aside the various examination listed above, many of these institution equally offer preparatory courses of various types, like SAT, GRE, GMAT and TOEFL. With the aid of these various examination, you stand better chance of getting admitted into both Nigerian and foreign universities.
Many of these institutions give age limit to students that they admit for A level examination coaching. Many of them insist that students registering for A level examinations with them must be 16 years old minimum.
The student is equally required to have minimum of 6 O level credits and these must include both English and Mathematics.
The examinations are held twice in a year; there is the June/July and there is the October/ November examination. The examinations train you for quite a number of subjects, like Accounts, Law, Sociology, Technology, Design, History, Geography, Computer, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English Language and Literature in English.
The student is expected to choose any three out of the subjects listed above and prepare for these subjects for the A level examination.
Aside giving you the opportunity to gain admission into 200 level in any Nigerian university, good results in A level examination also makes it possible for you to gain admission into foreign universities.
Before the examinations come up, these colleges would give you the required coaching that will make it easy for you to pas the examinations. Period of the coaching differs from one school to another.
While some schools will only provide coaching for 6 months, some may provide the coaching for up to 1 year prior to the examination.
When looking for the right school to chose in Lagos for your A level registration and examination, consider the factors below:
- Find out if the school has adequately trained and qualified teachers. Find out also if the teachers have the required experience to teach students. In actual fact, only a teacher that had ever sat for A level examination can adequately qualify to prepare you for the examination.
- Find to if the teaching method is interactive, as this makes learning easier for you as a student.
- Find out if the school has well equipped science laboratories. This will ensure you get the proper and top quality preparation for this examination.
- Find out also if the school has good boarding facilities. This is required since staying within the campus will make it possible for you to learn better.
- Does the institution have well-stocked library? Find out about this before you ever register at the school.
- Find out if the institution can provide you with the required study materials that are relevant to the examination that you want to study for.
- Find out also if they have relaxation and necessary social amenities in the institution, since these enable easy learning.
- Find out how long their coaching takes before the examination. Coaching periods differ from one school to the other. The length of the coaching period can determine how well you perform in the examination.
- The issue of cost is also very important. Find out how long they charge for the training before you register with the particular school. Look for a school or college that is able to offer top quality training at highly affordable rate. Make a list of the institutions and their fees and choose the one with the most affordable fees among them.
- Find out about other benefits of studying for your A level examinations in the particular school before you register with them. Some schools do make it easy for their students to get traveling via easily after passing the A level examinations.
- Things even get better if the school has good computer laboratory that has internet access.
- Additionally, find out if the school has any affiliation or partnership with Nigerian or foreign universities. This will make it easy for you to gain admission if you are able to pass the A level examinations well.
Below are the common subjects selections you may have to choose for the particular course for which you are seeking admission into the university through you’re a level results
If you want to study computer technology in the university, you should sit for the subjects below during the A level examination:
A level subjects you should sit for are
Medicine, Nursing or Pharmacy
Business Studies, Accounting, Economics
- Business Studies
Humanities, Social Science, Law
Below, you will get to learn about a number of A level schools and colleges operating in Lagos.
- Albesta Academy
- Brain Builders Academy
- Ascending College
- Brainfield Academy
- Sunrise Academy
- Bridge House College
- Westminster College Lagos
- Loral International Schools
- D-Ivy College
- Oxbridge Tutorial College
- British Council Schools Network